Thursday, January 24, 2013
Ah, a month of silence where I promptly dropped off the face of the Earth. Sometimes it's a miracle I make it out of the room looking human in the morning, so actually pausing for 8 seconds to jot down the 1292 things in my head? Unlikely.
• Spent the week after Christmas in Phoenix. Favorites. Can I live there? But, ugh, that means moving away from the South. Can't deal.
• Worst sinus infection ever. Traveling at elevations of 3000+ feet when your ears won't pop? Not my idea of fun.
• Somehow doubled the amount of things I came home with and went back to school. (After a nice long delay in the Phoenix airport).
• Where I showed up at school the day before classes started, meaning I had to unpack/buy books/see friends/print syllabi/buy school supplies/deal with way too much in way too little time.
• Surprise! We're in full out campaign prep season. Binder of materials was turned in Tuesday and the real work starts at noon tomorrow. I'm swimming in campaign.
• Anecdote: I don't sleep past about 9:00-9:30 basically... ever. When you get up early all week, you just get up on the weekends too. I've been so exhausted since I got back, I've slept until noon on the weekends. Like, out cold/friends had to check I was still alive. Cute.
• Run a couple miles. Slowly. To make my mind stop thinking. When I can stay awake long enough to keep my feet moving.
• The number of times the final scene of Pitch Perfect has been watched in our room... Roughly equivalent to the number of e-mails in LAS's inbox (about 700 give or take).
• Spent this weekend watching Bring It On. Best 90s/early 2000s flashback ever. "I'm sexy, I'm cute, I'm popular to boot..." Don't tell me you can't sing along.
• Ice Skating. Go.
• Spontaneously cutting 3" off your hair? Interesting choice. Love it. And hate it. It's complicated.
• Accidentally told someone I was 17 (again) last week. Gotta get over this mental block. It was cute when I was 18, 19... But at 20? Yeah, no.
Junior year is hard. I just want to watch 81 episodes of Friday Night Lights in a row and then take a nap.
Is it spring break yet?